TagsAndreas Deja Animation Competitions CTN Expo Drawing DreamWorks Eric Goldberg Events Events in Animation Fall Animation Festival foundational skills hand-drawn animation Independent Animation Jobs MFA Mike Nguyen My Little World myths of the animation industry News Notes of the Week paperless animation pencil tests Scar Sketch of the Week skill sets for animation Spring Show Student Work The Industry The Lion King traditional animation TVPaint
Reelshow Online Student Film Competitions 2014
Supporting The Next Generation Of Filmmakers
Student Film Competition December 2014
Competition Genre Category – Animation
Student Film Competition December 2014
The film genre category for this competition is Animation.
The deadline for film entry is 30 November 2014.
Judge: To be confirmed.
Please note that Reelshow members can link films to the site, at any time- whatever the genre, but if they want to enter a competition their film will be entered into the appropriate contest down the year. Contact us if you are unsure about anything.
Reelshow Competitions 2014- General Information for this competition:
- The 5 Finalists of each competition will be selected by The Reelshow Team. The winner of each competition will be chosen by judge/s active in the film industry 0r film/media education and experienced in the genre.
- The prize – US$75.00 Amazon Voucher
- Only films uploaded or submitted to The Reelshow from November 2013 onwards can be entered into this year’s animation competition.
- Films can be submitted for entry to a Reelshow competition as soon as the competition page is up on The Reelshow Film Contest site. But we will ask you when you submit your film if you want to take part in a competition.
- Films that have already won a Reelshow competition or festival will not be considered.
- Films entered into this competition must run no longer than 15 minutes.
- A maximum total of 20 films will be considered for this competition and only one film entry per Reelshow member. If there are less then 8 films entered the competition will be cancelled or rolled over.
- A YouTube or Vimeo link to your film entry will be needed. We need to embed your film on the Reelshow site, so the film permissions must be set to public ( not password protected).
Animation Competition Rules:
- Max running time 15 minutes.
- The film can be an individual entry or a school/team entry.
- Any shooting format.
Register on the site ( or login), fill out a film submission form and send us a link to your film on You tube or Vimeo. Links below.
Please note : All films uploaded to the Reelshow are on public display. We cannot except password protected entries.
Think you’ve got an idea for the next Hollywood Blockbuster or Break Out Independent Movie? Bring it on, and get the chance to join in the fun at the Napa Valley Film Festival, November 12-16!
PITCH CONTEST: BOOT CAMP
New this year: a two-step process for our annual pitch contest … Boot Camp on Friday Nov 14, and Final Smack-down on Sunday, Nov 16. For the Boot Camp on Friday morning, industry veteran Peter Belsito and pitch-master Scott Manville teach aspiring writers, directors and producers the ins and outs of how to successfully pitch a new TV or film project. Help decide which of the 20 semifinalists move on to the FINAL SMACK DOWN on Sunday. For the Sunday final round, Peter and Scott host with a panel of experts comprised of studio execs and producers.
HOW TO QUALIFY:
ENTER YOUR PITCH – OCTOBER 15 TO OCTOBER 31
Pitch your best idea for the next Hollywood Blockbuster, breakout Indie Film, or hot new TV show.
Be one of the 20 pitches selected and attend this year’s festival to make your case! A free Friday Day Pass will be provided to each of the 20 semi finalists chosen to attend the Pitch Contest Boot Camp. The 10 finalists will be provided a complimentary Sunday Day Pass to attend the Final Smackdown.
Winner will receive a $1000 cash prize provided by Manville Media Ventures Inc., plus the opportunity to present their idea to the development and production team at The Weinstein Company in Los Angeles.
Pitches should be 50 words or less.
Learn more today and Submit your pitch by October 31:http://napavalleyfilmfest.org/events/pitch-contest-boot-camp
The ultimate celebration of film, food and wine, the Napa Valley Film Festival (NVFF) lights up the picturesque towns of Napa, Yountville, St. Helena and Calistoga at the most colorful time of year, November 12-16. NVFF features 125 new independent films and studio sneak previews including Mike Binder’s Black and White starring Kevin Costner and Octavia Spencer; The Imitation Game, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley; The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Her & Him, with Jessica Chastain and James McAvoy; and The Last 5 Years featuring Anna Kendrick and Jeremy Jordan.
Over 300 visiting filmmakers and celebrities (including screen icon Kevin Costner, actor Mike Myers and actress Shailene Woodley) will interact with audiences at the screenings and intimate events at 14 beautiful screening venues throughout the four walkable villages. Attendees will also enjoy film panels and culinary demonstrations, wine tasting pavilions, the spectacular Festival Gala, Celebrity Tributes, Awards Ceremony, and an array of parties, VIP receptions, Vintner Circle dinners and more. For complete details and to purchase passes, please visitwww.napavalleyfilmfest.org or call 707.226.7500.
Thank you for your interest, we hope to see you and your pitches at the Festival this year.